Kirsten. 23. PA.
The Moments I Chose to Ignore That Told Me You Were Going to Leave Me:
1. The night I was crying on a street corner in Brooklyn and your concrete feet refused to come find me
2. When you introduced me to your mother as a friend
3. How on December 10th, 2012 you stopped kissing the curve of my shoulder before we fell asleep
4. How after that you always wanted to fuck in the dark
so you could rearrange my face to look like anyone else’s but my own
5. When you started saying my name like the aftermath of swallowing a fistful of razorblades
6. The only time you said you would appreciate my music would be after “us” because you knew the lyrics would be all dedicated in your name
7. That night in April when I was visiting the city and your bed I whispered “I’ve missed you” into your collarbones and you told me to, “Stop saying that.”
8. How the next morning you didn’t kiss me goodbye when I took my plane home
9. When I felt like I needed you like the expansion of my ribcage to breathe
10. The night I was crying on a street corner in Los Angeles and your atlas hands refused to come find me"